Saturday, July 12, 2014

Eating My Way Through the United States: Memphis

While my family and I began our road trip to California, we stopped in Memphis, Tennessee, to grab a bite to eat for lunch.

We found ourselves stumbling across Charles Vergo's Rendezvous, a little hole in the wall known for their ribs. 

Rendezvous is down a little alley and in the basement of an empty building, and if you blink, you'll miss it! But don't let the seemingly sketchy appearance scare you off, the food is fantastic. 

I ordered the half-size ribs which came with coleslaw and baked beans. 


The ribs were perfect; the meat fell right off the bone! This was my first time having dry-rub style ribs and I was very impressed. The flavor was great, not too spicy but gave enough heat to satisfy those who crave spices. The coleslaw was phenomenal. I'm not one for slaw, but this was out of this world. The slaw is vinegar based, and I'm a vinegar lover for sure. The flavor was great and complemented the ribs very well. And to top it off, the beans were delicious. I'm a fan of baked beans and was definitely a fan of these! 

Outside of the women's restroom, an apron signed by THE Julia Child. 




No comments:

Post a Comment