Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fall into Style: Grunge

It's my favorite time of year again: fall. I know loving fall is so white girl of me, but I can't help it. Between the cool, crisp breeze and all things pumpkin, fall is the best season, hands down.

My absolute favorite thing about fall is the new fashion styles. There's nothing cuter than a cozy, worn flannel paired with new boots, or a cardigan thrown on with some leggings. There's something about fall style that is as effortless as the falling leaves.

This post will be a three part series focusing on the upcoming fall trends.

Grunge
Grunge is coming back in a big way. That means dark eyeliner, messy hair, black on black on black, leather details. I'm definitely looking forward to the grungy styles that will be hitting the shelves soon. It's all about mixing your tougher pieces with more delicate ones, such as a warm flannel paired with a super bold necklace or a leather skirt with a delicate lace top.

Leather skirts

 Quinn Vegan Leather Skirt. Francescas's Collections. ($44)
Stylestalker Vegan Leather Mini Skirt. Urban Outfitters. ($150)


Plaid 

Navy Plaid Scarf. e.Allen. ($32)

LA Hearts Plaid Faux Leather Trim Backpack. Pacsun. ($19.97)


Metal Accessories

Mott St. Jeweled Statement Necklace. Francesca's Collections. ($36)

Mercer Bib Necklace. Urban Outfitters. ($28)

Beauty

Dark, lived-in eyeliner. The Beauty Department. 

Careless, messy hair. Pinterest. 

My Take


This is my take on the grunge trend. I tucked my Urban Outfitters flannel (found at Marshall's for $8) with my black bandage skirt (found at Target for $25, also available at Francesca's for $44) and my black combat boots (found at Marshall's for $35). Once I got to work, I added the Mont St. Jeweled Statement Necklace (found at Francesca's for $36) to complete my glamour-grunge look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment